The Gilbert Mark I Plasma Charger
Our new Gilbert Mark I plasma charger is now available commercially. It was designed specifically for aerosol physics and mass spectrometry purposes at atmospheric pressure. It can be ordered in different variations, depending on the customer’s needs. Custom tailored modifications can be made regarding working gas type, fixed or variable working gas flow rates. Computerized or manual control and data acquisition are possible. The charging efficiency is far higher than for conventional chargers (up to 100 % higher charging compared to X-ray chargers) as well as better detection of small particles down to a size of < 5nm.
The advantages of the Gilbert Mark I plasma charger are:
- Higher charging efficiency than conventional chargers
- Smaller particles are detectable
- No radioactive isotopes needed (in contrast to Americium chargers)
- No costly maintenance necessary
- Easy to handle
- Works also in nitrogen and air
Please make your inquiries about the price and delivery times over our contact form.